Superplastic Forming is a forming technique using material heated to the super plastic state. This provides a high elongation ratio, which is required for complex shapes.
This process utilizes precisely controlled temperatures and gas pressures in order to control deformation rates.
Superplastic Forming Press (SPF)
- Metallic or ceramic platens up to 138in x 80in
- Hot box with temperature homogeneity at 1800°F
- High accuracy and repeatability of ram position
- High accuracy of gas management system, with multiple lines
- Option of dual capacity of SPF/HF for optimized quality and cycle time
- Easy integration of automated die and part handling system
- CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) Tool design/manufacture and on-site set-up
Machine tonnage range is from 60T to 3000T
Typical parts produced on this type of machine are : Titanium, Aluminum, and Nickel based alloy parts, pylon panels, nacelle panels, firewalls, engine parts, fan and OGV
Cyril Bath offers
Cyril Bath proposes a range of preventive maintenance services to meet the needs of each machine user.Discover this service